Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Dark Blue & Grey Striped Shirt

This is a pretty short blog post because there isn't much to say about the construction of this shirt. 

It's made from another piece of stash cotton that was given to me about 9 years ago. It's dark blue with stripes woven in white threads, and with the blue threads they look light grey.
It's cut pretty much the same as my previous shirt, with the only difference being that I had to piece the back because I didn't have enough to cut the full width.
The construction is also pretty much the same as usual.
Sewing the cuff on.
I cut the collar so it would have one stripe along the top and one along the bottom, and I cut the cuffs so they would be just the grey stripe.
Finishing the inside of the cuff.
It's mostly machine sewn, with hand sewing on the front slit, cuffs, inside collar, and buttonholes.


I kind of regret using this fabric for a shirt. It's scratchy! Not so scratchy I can't wear it, but much less comfortable than my other shirts. I've only worn it a few times and hopefully it'll soften up with more washes.

2 comments:

  1. The decorative waistcoat looks very elegant with the blue shirt. I hope it will soften after several washes.
    Hugs, Mamoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... sometimes one cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle helps reduce itchy. You know, depending on what's causing it.

    Thanks, for the wonderful.

    ReplyDelete