Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Updates on Various Things

Dear me, it's been far too long since I posted anything. I've been working on things, just not blogging about them. A lot of the things I've been sewing were for school, which ended just a couple of weeks ago.
Anyhow, here are some updates on various projects.
The frock coat has sleeves, pockets and pocket flaps and I'm working on interfacing the lining.
 I started making a hand sewn linen shirt.
And I'm also working on a nightgown using this lovely linen that came with an embroidered border.
I have received three extant Edwardian garments, which I will be doing individual posts on.
I've worked on the black linen waistcoat some more. Here is one of the facings being attached to the lining.
And I made a corset for my corseting class, which I don't have any pictures of because it's still at school. The above picture is the fabric I used, isn't it gorgeous?

I've made another version of the pants pattern too, which I'm very excited to sew up, but I haven't started on it yet because I'd like to finish at least one other garment first. I'm absolutely terrible about starting projects and not finishing them.
I think that's about it for now. I haven't been very productive with my own sewing projects lately. There are some new portraits on my DeviantART page though.

1 comment:

  1. As ever very professional garments. You are lucky to have such good teachers who pass their knowledge on to you. Natalie

    ReplyDelete