Last year I posted some pictures of two extant nightgowns I got to examine in the King's Landing collection in late 2019, and I mentioned I'd taken measurements and drafted a pattern for one of them.
I cut out the pattern in 3 different fabrics not long after that, but they sat in the unfinished things pile for quite a long time, and I wanted to blog about all 3 at once. I have finally sewn all 3!
The second one I sewed was this white cotton flannel. It's a very thick old flannel sheet that I'd block printed some fish on, which can be seen in another blog post from 2017.
It's the one I took the most progress pictures of.
I started by sewing the cuffs to the sleeves, right side to wrong side, and understitched them, like on the original nightgown.
the usual way one puts in a placket, but did a couple rows of topstitching along the folded edge before sewing the other edges down.
|Pressing the side seam.|
|The original only had 3 small buttons, but I wanted more.|
|I put 4 red plastic buttons on this one.|
|I did 7 little brown plastic buttons with horizontal holes.|
A bit more than usual, but there was a set of 7 in my stash.
|I clipped the seam allowance too high up, so the |
gusset isn't quite where I wanted it to be.
I'll also hopefully get through some more of my sewing blog post backlog before the year is out...