Pages

Friday 20 March 2015

A bit about what I'm working on

I'm very busy with school at the moment. The college fashion show is April 11th and I've been working very hard on my line. I've got a lot of things to sew, but I think I'll manage.

Since I don't have many completed garments yet, I thought I'd share some pictures of the studio.
Me at the cutting table.

My desk.

My inspiration board.

My sketches.
And some pictures of the rest of the studio.


Racks full of patterns, and one of the ironing tables.
 The ironing tables are so much nicer than regular ironing boards.
This iron has a boiler, supplying it with infinite steam.

This is the machine I usually use.

Patterns.

The fitting room.

One of my coat patterns.

One of my coats being cut out.
I will post more pictures when more thing are sewn.

6 comments:

  1. Your workspace is the best! How many people do you have to share with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are eight people in my class, plus one more who isn't in the class but is doing a different course in the same room, so nine. It's a really big class. Last year there were only 5 people in that studio.

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed by the workshop and I covet that nice ironing board. It would make steaming my hooked rugs so much easier. I'm looking forward to the show in April.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to work under such professional conditions, but I could never sew for work. I'd much rather keep it my passion and hobby! I'm no good with deadlines and don't like sewing for other people as they often don't appreciate the work I spend on them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your show. I'm sorry the nails didn't work out. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of the event. Mamoo sent a few and it looked very crowded!

    Auntie Nicole

    ReplyDelete