Pages

Thursday 9 October 2014

Victorian Photo Album #2, Part 2

Oh dear, it's been months since I've posted anything here. I apologize.
Here's the second half of the green photo album.


I like her forehead curls.
I wonder if it was windy when he went to get his picture taken, or if he fluffed his hair up on purpose.
The spots and dents on this photo are arranged quite nicely.

I can see the iron things holding these guys still, yet they have terrible posture.
Does anyone know what this thing is? The frame on the end appears to have a bunch of portraits in it.



This guy looks exactly like a policeman from a comedy. I can just imagine him running away from the pirates of penzance.


There were a couple of prints in the album. This one looks earlier than the photos. Maybe 1850's?

Here's a picture of opera singer Parepa Rosa, and it's one I can't find anywhere else on the internet. It's strange to find a purchased picture of a celebrity tucked into a family photo album, isn't it?
This was the second print, which looks more turn of the century.

That's all I have to post at the moment. I am sewing things, I've just been really lazy about blogging them.

4 comments:

  1. Mira, try googling Parepa Rosa Images and I'm sure you will find some. It's possible that other photos will also be there but give it a try.

    Mamoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did google search Parepa Rosa and I did find images, but no copies of this particular shot.

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure the wagon is a portable darkroom for processing and printing photographs. It probably belonged to a roaming portrait photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool! And it makes perfect sense, thank you!

      Delete