I have made another pair of practical everyday pants! I still need more, because apart from these I only have two very worn out pairs, but it's a start!
I finished these at the end of 2020 and have been very very slow to post about them. Hopefully I'll get the next post written a bit faster.
Since I've been very bad about not showing much of my pants construction in previous posts, for these I really made an effort to get pictures of all the steps.
and I have a whole post on that process so I'll just link it.
|I don't usually topstitch these, but I did this time and I like it.|
|I'd finished the crotch seam allowances up to just above where the fall lining starts.|
|After trimming the seam allowances.|
|Seam allowance folded under and pinned.|
|Felling the seam allowance.|
|Very small interruption in a nice line of stitching.|
|Doing a little bit of hand stitching to fill it in.|
|And whipstitching the raw ends on the bit that I clipped to go around the pocket.|
|Finished inseam as seen from the inside.|
|Stiffening basted to the inside of the waistband.|
|You can't see it here but there's a bit of pleating in the back, |
same as on 18th century breeches.
|Sewing juuust outside the edge of the buckram.|
|Seam allowanced trimmed & graded,|
and the long edge along the bottom of the waistband lining pressed under.
|Waistband turned right sides out!|
|Eyelets in the back of the finished waistband.|
|The felled seams on the inside of the finished trousers.|
|The 3 buttonholes on the waistband.|
|Hand felled crotch seam and machine felled inseams.|
|Waistband lining & pocket.|
|The centre back of the adjustable waistband.|